About HORIZONS International Student program
Horizons International Student program exists as an extension of Meadowbrook’s mission of~
“Building solid citizens…” By promoting the respectful appreciation and interaction of world cultures within our school family. This prepares all students for influential citizenship in today’s global community.
“…one child at a time…” By addressing the specific cross-cultural and academic challenges of the students God brings to us from other countries.
“…in a Christian atmosphere.” By seeking to instill in all students a vibrant Christian faith that is lived out, faithfully and contagiously, in any cultural context.
HORIZONS is for international students…
- seeking a quality college-preparatory education (see SAT scores and where our graduates attend college here)
- enrolled full-time in grades 9-12, earning credits toward a high school diploma (F-1 visa)
- who show adequate English language proficiency and grade-level academic skills
- Homestay arrangements with an American family – we partner with select agencies to secure host homes in our community. Medical insurance is also provided and required.
- English as a Second Language courses – may be required depending on English proficiency level. Earn High School credits.
- Intro to Christianity and the Bible course (required) – a valuable foundation for success in subsequent Bible courses.
Path to Enrollment
Contact Miriam Miller, Director of Global Connections
Phone: 570.742.2638 ext. 348
Hablo español. ¡Estoy a sus órdenes!
Meadowbrook Christian School is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.