Meadowbrook Christian School was founded as a ministry of Christ Wesleyan Church of Milton in. Rev. Russell “Pop” Davis felt a call from God to bring a traditional school experience delivered in a Christian atmosphere to our region. Along with his wife Frances, their son, Rev. Arlie Davis and his wife Sharon, Meadowbrook Christian opened its doors in August 1982 with 72 students.
Today, facilities have grown to meet the needs of a student body of about 400 students in preschool (age 3) through grade twelve. Students come from 19 different school districts from 6 counties and more than 70 regional churches are represented among our constituents. Since its’ inception, more than 400 alumni are impacting their communities as leaders and participating citizens.
In 2013, Meadowbrook Christian School became the first private Christian School in a sixty-mile radius to earn accreditation. With credibility from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools as well as the Association of Christian Schools International, MCS is committed to continuous school improvement.
Expected Student Outcomes
- know Christ and love Him in a growing personal relationship, through the exercise of spiritual disciplines.
- serve Him with their whole lives, share Him with others, and involve themselves in a local Christian community.
- can articulate and defend the Christian worldview, applying it to all areas of life, while maintaining an ability to understand and critically assess opposing worldviews.
- develop a healthy, moral lifestyle, treating their body as a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- utilize critical thinking skills to question, solve problems, and make wise decisions, and are proficient in finding, evaluating, and communicating information.
- are proficient in math and science, recognizing our physical world and its physical laws as God’s creation that glorifies Him in every aspect.
- appreciate literature and the arts as talents from God with an understanding of how they express values and belief systems.
- recognize the role of God in history and discern His continued direction in the affairs of man.
- know and understand the major themes of the Bible, applying them to daily living, and interpret all of life through the lens of biblical truth.
- demonstrate respect for those in authority and others with whom they work, play, and live, recognizing the inherent value of all life and showing integrity in all their actions.
* MCS recognizes that spiritual changes that are implicit in our Expected Student Outcomes are the work of the Holy Spirit in a student’s heart, while we seek to provide an atmosphere where He can work.
Statement of Faith
We believe in the inspiration and authority of the Bible as God’s Word to man. The Bible is the complete, inerrant Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
We believe in the fall of man, the need of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and the resurrection of all, to eternal life or eternal damnation.
We believe in the spiritual relationship of all believers in Jesus Christ, living a life of righteous works, separated from the world, witnessing His saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that a work in our hearts completed by the Holy Spirit can present us pure and blameless before the Father through Jesus Christ and enable us to live our life separate from sin and with perfect love toward our fellow man.